11.3.07

knitty and handmade wedding

The Spring 2007 issue of Knitty is up and the cover pattern is crazy!!! It's Space Invaders socks!!! I need to make these. I have never made socks and I've never made anything that has a pattern but I think now is the time to start and this will be difficult but satisfying.

In other blog news, I am so excited for the next couple weeks on the design*sponge guest blog because

"rebecca from moontree is loading up her posts for next weeks new guest blog: the handmade wedding! for two weeks rebecca will transform the guest blog into a fantastic resource for all things "handmade" and "wedding". She'll be interviewing artisans, people who've done their weddings in a handmade style and sharing the best resources (and tips) for creating your own handmade special day...and lots of photos from fabulous handmade weddings."

This is especially exciting because since I got my perfect wedding dress and fabulous wedding band and went to Kentville this weekend and talked endlessly about our wedding, I am wedding-obsessed and wanting to get a move on with decorating/invitations/etc.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Rob - I definitely think both the socks and wedding decorations will be my greatest achievements *throws a sheet over Mt A diploma hanging on wall*

By the way, I saw some of your wedding pics you put up and your crafts did look fabulous! I loved those little pins..

JD said...

how lucky am I? My gf/wife wants to MAKE HER OWN SPACE INVADER SOCKS!

Seriously, the best video game ever and the best woman ever all rolled up into the same socks!

Morgan said...

to: Joel
fr: Morgan

*heartzzzzz*
*zaps you with laser hearts*

Anonymous said...

Well written article.